Thursday, October 10th
We tried stopping at a beach, but it was very rocky, cold and wet, so we left after only a few minutes. The kids did find a dead shark and a jelly fish, which they loved.
We then headed to the Cliffs of Moher. It was a cold, wet, and a very windy day. When we pulled up to the car park the man taking our tickets (after giving us instructions on where to go) said "I wouldn't use an umbrella today, unless you want to Mary Poppins it!" We laughed about that one all day. It was so windy!! I thought several times that one of the children might just blow away. I was very grateful for the stone wall that had been built around the cliffs and the nice paths to walk on. The cliffs were absolutely breathtaking. Every angle we saw them from just got more beautiful. It was kind of fun that this was the filming location for the cliffs of insanity in the film "The Princess Bride". We had one more night in the most beautiful little house. We took another walk down to Cogan's Bar for dinner. This time the owner was our server (Tony) He was so friendly and kind to the children. Sam introduced himself in Irish which won him over. He stopped and talked to us several times throughout the meal. The food we got was very tasty. As we left Tony said "You're doing alright there! Some day Sam will be famous and we will all say, Oh Sam, we knew Sam!" I love these people!
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment