Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Interesting Birth Info

I thought this was an interesting article and thought I would share it. If you are planning on having children I strongly suggest you take a moment to read this. I think it is so important that we stay informed, especially when it comes to our health. There are so many things we consider necessary simply because the doctor tells us it is. We need to think about and research some of these things for ourselves and not just assume it is okay simply because it is what most people do. I hope this is helpful to someone or at least makes you question a little bit before you just do what the doctor tells you to do.
http://www.massagetoday.com/archives/2006/03/11.html


One of the movies I really like about birth is "The business of being born" It is really well done and very informative. You can get it from http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/ or on Netflix or you can borrow my copy if you want. It is really insightful.

Can you tell I'm getting ready? The countdown begins!!

1 comment:

Linda Murphy said...

I would like to see a copy of that movie. I had pitocin with both boys-Ian because the cord was around his neck and Connor because he was super late and super huge. But, I am interested in the connection on developmental/neurological issues-especially looking at Connor. I appreciate this post, gives me a lot to consider.